If you’re looking to install a home security system, or a system to protect your business, you may have pondered taking this on as a DIY project. This isn’t wise, due to all the wiring and expensive electronics involved. You could make a mistake during installation that will have to be corrected by a pro in the end anyway. Or, you could break one of the components, which can be very costly to replace. Either way, you’re putting yourself at risk for electrocution if you attempt this type of project on your own.
There are many reasons why you should leave the job up to your trusted St Louis and O’Fallon MO electrician.
What’s a Security System?
First, let’s define what a security system is. These systems can cover a variety of uses, depending on the extend of your needs, the size of your home, and other factors. Up till now, you may have been relying on locked doors and windows, but at some point you may realize you need much more. A security system can have many components, such as motion sensors, entry sensors, security cameras, CCTVs, access point, glass break sensors, alarms, key pads and fobs, base stations, yard and window stickers, and smoke and CO systems.
There are a few different types of systems, such as:
- Wired: These systems are hardwired into your home’s existing electrical system.
- Wireless: These have no wires and depend on a combination of Wi-Fi and cellular backup as well as batteries.
- Professional: A professional home security system is one that’s installed by a technician and/or monitored by a remote security company.
- Smart: Connected to the Internet, these systems allow the user to view live footage from their phone via a mobile app. You can receive notifications when sirens are tripped and you are able to control the system on a remote basis from your phone.
- Local: These systems are not connected to the Internet or remote security companies, which means if they are tripped, only you or your neighbors can hear them. This works for simply scaring off an intruder but offers nothing beyond that.
Why a Professional is Best
When considering home security installation, your best bet is to hire an electrician skilled in this area of the job. With a professional:
- You usually get a security assessment included.
- You don’t have to risk your safety or waste your rare personal time to take on such a project.
- You have no up-front equipment costs or have to hassle with picking up all the right components on your own.
- You get professional system tutorial and guidance.
- You get assurances of professional installation from beginning to end.
- You get improved security and accuracy, quickly and efficiently.
Security Systems Installed, St Chalres & O'fallon, MO
If you need a home security system installed or for your business, don’t hesitate to reach out to the pros at Braco Electrical, where we have vast experience in residential and commercial security systems in St. Louis MO. contact us at 636-294-8562 to get a home and commercial security assessment and free quote.